1. Information We Collect
We collect information that you provide directly to us when you use our Services, which may include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, payment information, medical history, birth date, geolocation data, HCP (health care provider) details, and health related data (such as insulin dosage and blood glucose levels). We also collect information about your use of our Services, including device type, browser type, IP address, and other usage statistics. We may collect this information directly from you or from third-party sources, such as your healthcare provider.
2. How We Share Your Information
We do not sell your personal data to third parties for monetary gain or share your personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We may, however, share your personal data or Services usage data with other third-party service providers who assist us with carrying out our business functions, such as email and marketing services, SaaS services, cloud and data storage, technical and data security support, shipping services, and research and development, to improve our products and services, and to comply with legal obligations. In addition, you agree that we shall have the right to combine, in a non-identifiable format, the personal health information you provide with information from other users to create aggregate data that may be disclosed to third parties.
3. California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under the CCPA. These rights include:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete your personal information.
- Right to Opt-Out: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights.
To exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us using the information provided below. We may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
4. HIPAA Compliance
Beta Bionics is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your protected health information (“PHI”) in accordance with HIPAA. We maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect your PHI. We may use and disclose your PHI for treatment, payment, and healthcare operations purposes. We may also use and disclose your PHI as required by law or with your consent. You have certain rights under HIPAA, including the right to access, amend, and receive an accounting of disclosures of your PHI. For more information about our HIPAA practices, please contact us using the information provided below.
5. Security of Your Information
We take appropriate steps to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, or destruction. We use industry-standard security measures, such as encryption and firewalls, to safeguard your information. However, no system can be completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
6. Children’s Personal Information
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us using the information provided below. We will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
7. Parental Consent
If you are under the age of 18, we may require your parent or legal guardian to provide consent before we collect, use, or disclose your personal information. If we determine that we need parental consent, we will provide instructions on how to obtain it.
8. Updates to This Policy
9. Contact Us
Beta Bionics, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
Irvine, CA 92618
HIPAA Privacy Statement for Beta Bionics
Beta Bionics takes the privacy of your health information seriously. This HIPAA privacy statement explains how we use and protect your protected health information (“PHI”) in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) and related regulations.
What is PHI?
PHI is individually identifiable health information that relates to your past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition, healthcare services you have received, or payment for healthcare services. PHI includes information such as your name, address, birth date, social security number, and medical history.
How We Use and Disclose PHI
Beta Bionics uses and discloses your PHI only as permitted by HIPAA and related regulations, including:
- Treatment, payment, and healthcare operations: We may use and disclose your PHI to provide treatment to you, obtain payment for services, and conduct healthcare operations.
- Authorization: We will obtain your written authorization before using or disclosing your PHI for purposes other than treatment, payment, or healthcare operations, unless otherwise permitted or required by law.
- Required by law: We may use or disclose your PHI when required to do so by law.
- Public health: We may disclose your PHI to public health authorities as required by law.
- Law enforcement: We may disclose your PHI to law enforcement officials as required by law or in response to a court order or subpoena.
- Health oversight activities: We may disclose your PHI to health oversight agencies as required by law.
- Research: We may disclose your PHI for research purposes in compliance with HIPAA and related regulations.
- De-identified information: We may use and disclose de-identified information that does not identify you as an individual.
You have the right to:
- Receive a copy of this HIPAA privacy statement;
- Receive a notice of our privacy practices;
- Access and obtain a copy of your PHI;
- Request a restriction on the use and disclosure of your PHI;
- Request an amendment to your PHI;
- Receive an accounting of disclosures of your PHI; and
- File a complaint if you believe your rights have been violated.
Safeguarding Your PHI
Beta Bionics maintains physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your PHI from unauthorized use and disclosure. We train our employees and contractors on HIPAA compliance and limit access to PHI to those who need it to perform their job functions.
If you have questions or concerns about our HIPAA privacy practices or would like to exercise your rights, please contact our HIPAA Privacy Officer at:
Beta Bionics, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
Irvine, CA 92618
Updates to this Privacy Statement
Beta Bionics reserves the right to update this HIPAA privacy statement as needed.