Effective Date: October 27, 2021
We care about your privacy
The Personal Data We Collect About You and the Reason for the Collection
We collect the following personal data from you when you engage our Services, and describe below the reasons why we collect the personal data.
- Automatically From Our Website. When you visit our website, we may automatically collect, for example, your device information, browser information, network host, location data, Internet Protocol address, internet service provider, and information regarding your activities on and use of our website. We collect this information to communicate the content on our website to you, to recognize you, to learn more about the users of our website and their preferences, to customize and improve your experience on our website, and for business and marketing purposes.
- Contact Information. We collect your name, email address, age, physical address, your interest in contacting us, and any other information you voluntarily provide to us on our website and at tradeshows. We collect this information so that we can respond to your questions, provide you information about our Services, and to facilitate your request to sign up for clinical trials.
- Business Operations. Organizations that are interested in conducting business with us may provide us their representatives’ contact information, such as name, email address, physical address, phone number, and signature. We collect this information to communicate with them and consummate transactions for goods or services necessary for our business operations.
- Investors, Board Members and Stakeholders. We collect the contact information of our investors, board members and other stakeholders and interested parties, such as, name, email address, Social Security Number, date of birth, employee or payroll identification number, and other information they choose to voluntarily provide. We collect this information to administer company capitalization, obtain signatures, process paperwork related to same, communicate information and securely transfer documents.
- Research and Product Development. We may collect your health data if you choose to voluntarily provide such information to us as part of your participation in the research and development of our medical device products. We collect this information to ensure that our medical devices are properly operating and for regulatory reporting purposes.
- Clinical Trials. All data we receive through your participation in clinical trials is de-identified, which means that it does not and cannot identify you. We collect this data to analyze the safety and effectiveness of our medical device products.
- Reporting Hotline. Individuals contacting our hotline through The Lighthouse may do so anonymously, without having to provide their personal data. However, individuals reporting on our hotline may choose to voluntarily provide their personal data, such as their name, phone number, email address, address, and any other information they choose to provide. As part of the incident reporting process, we ask for details regarding the incident, including employees involved, location, type of incident, prior reporting, witnesses, and if you have files related to the incident. We collect this information so that we can address complaints regarding our company practices.
How We Share Your Personal Data
We do not sell your personal data to third parties for monetary gain or share your personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We may, however, share your personal data with others who assist us with carrying out our business functions, such as email and marketing services, SaaS services, cloud and data storage, technical and data security support, shipping services, and research and development.
We also use Google Analytics, which stores information about how visitors use our website so that we can give users a better experience. Google Analytics provides information storage services, which record information, such as, the pages you visit, how much time you were on certain pages, and what you clicked on while on our website. In order to track your session usage, Google Analytics may utilize cookies with randomly-generated Client IDs and collect your IP Address. Please review the information at the following website to learn more:
In addition, we may share your personal data if necessary to: (1) comply with laws and regulations; (2) comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by authorities; (3) cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate the law; or (4) exercise or defend legal claims.
Lastly, we may transfer to a third party personal data as an asset that is part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction in which the third party assumes control of all or part of our business.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We have implemented and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices, and commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures, to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk in order to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access and exfiltration, theft, or disclosure. However, no security system is perfect. We will notify you if there is a breach of our security where required by law or deemed necessary.
Retention of Personal Data
Your personal data will be retained for the time required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purpose of satisfying legal, professional, contractual, regulatory, accounting or reporting obligations.
Do Not Track Notice
This website does not currently support certain browser settings or otherwise respond to Do Not Track requests.
Links to Third Party Websites
Social Media Sharing Features
Our website may offer social media sharing features or other integrated tools, which let you share information through other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social media sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
This website is not intended to be used by children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian wishes to contact us or provide information regarding their child who is under the age of 13, they should contact us directly.