Software Test Engineer
Software Test Engineer
About Beta Bionics
Beta Bionics, Inc. is a medical technology company working to commercialize the world’s first bionic pancreas called the iLet®. The iLet bionic pancreas is a wearable investigational device designed to autonomously control glucose in people with diabetes or other conditions of glycemic dysregulation.
Fueled by investments from high-profile funds and strategic partners and leveraging technology backed by years of clinical data, we are now entering a tremendously exciting phase in our development as we prepare to begin our large pivotal clinical trial and anticipated commercialization of the iLet bionic pancreas.
Beta Bionics is a public benefit corporation. This means we are a for-profit company with obligations to serve both our public benefit mission and shareholders’ interests. Beta Bionics is also a certified B Corporation; and as such accountable to operate with high standards of transparency, sustainability and accountability to our customers, employees, business partners, society, and the environment.
Successful candidates will be working with highly experienced colleagues, who are amongst the best in their fields and dedicated to bringing to market our truly disruptive technology. We have a mission-driven, passionate and collaborative culture where you will have a high degree of empowerment and opportunity to make a significant impact.
Please contact us if you fit the profile below and if you are interested in joining us on this journey to achieve Beta Bionics’ bold commitment to the millions of people waiting for the iLet bionic pancreas!
Software Test Engineer
Proactive and motivated individual looking to use experience in coding and engineering to write and perform automated, manual and ad hoc tests of mission critical software and work closely with the autonomous systems and product development engineers. In this role, a keen eye for detail, experience with reading and writing requirements, as well as excellent communication skills are needed along with a passion about quality.
Location and Travel
This position is based in Irvine CA and will require up to 5% travel
Key Job Responsibilities
· Perform activities of functional groups listed above in accordance with quality system procedures
· Create test designs, processes, cases, protocols and analyze test data
· Design, develop, execute and maintain automated and manual protocols to test embedded firmware
· Ensure all test related work is carried out as per the defined standards and procedures
· Review, analyze and write software requirements specifications
· Report bugs and errors to development teams
· Assist with formal documentation of test reports, procedures and V&V summaries
· General Duties and Responsibilities
Participate in third party and internal quality audits involving areas of responsibility. Assist with related corrective/preventive action planning and implementation
Communicate information related to quality management system effectiveness
Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Required Education and Experiences
· Bachelor’s degree in any engineering field
· 5+ years of experience in medical device testing or related field
· Excellent knowledge in testing skills (design test plan and test strategy, able to read requirements specification documents and write test cases including corner cases, executing test protocols and analyzing test data). Medical device testing is a plus
· Familiarity with Embedded Systems, black box testing, ad hoc testing, JTAG, source code control, Python, C/C++ Programming is desired
· Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
· Ability to work well under pressure and to meet multiple and occasional competing deadlines while maintaining a cooperative working relationship with other employees and supervisor
· Ability to work in a highly detailed environment where mental focus and accuracy of work output is essential
· Good organizational and communication skills, including ability to represent the company to both internal and external audiences
· Effective verbal and written communication skills, planning and time management skills
· Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
• Training and mentorship with ongoing learning and development courses
• Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
• 401(k) program with employer match
• Generous vacation accrual and paid holiday schedule
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Beta Bionics to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Beta Bionics will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume to .
Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Beta Bionics will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.