Product Support Specialist
Product Support Specialist
About Beta Bionics
Beta Bionics, Inc. is a medical technology company working to commercialize the world’s first bionic pancreas called the iLet®. The iLet bionic pancreas is a wearable investigational device designed to autonomously control glucose in people with diabetes or other conditions of glycemic dysregulation.
Fueled by investments from high-profile funds and strategic partners and leveraging technology backed by years of clinical data, we are now entering a tremendously exciting phase in our development as we prepare to begin our large pivotal clinical trial and anticipated commercialization of the iLet bionic pancreas.
Beta Bionics is a public benefit corporation. This means we are a for-profit company with obligations to serve both our public benefit mission and shareholders’ interests. Beta Bionics is also a certified B Corporation; and as such accountable to operate with high standards of transparency, sustainability and accountability to our customers, employees, business partners, society, and the environment.
Successful candidates will be working with highly experienced colleagues, who are amongst the best in their fields and dedicated to bringing to market our truly disruptive technology. We have a mission-driven, passionate and collaborative culture where you will have a high degree of empowerment and opportunity to make a significant impact.
Please contact us if you fit the profile below and if you are interested in joining us on this journey to achieve Beta Bionics’ bold commitment to the millions of people waiting for the iLet bionic pancreas!
Product Support Specialist
Under general direction of the Product Support Manager, employee is responsible for delivering exceptional support services to Beta Bionics clinical study and commercial users. In order to deliver a customer experience in line with Beta Bionics standards, this role will be required to collaborate seamlessly as part of a larger Customer Care organization A customer first approach is essential, along with an interest in embracing the technologies of the iLet Bionic pancreas system.
This position is based in Concord, MA. This position may require 5%-10% travel.
Key Job Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Product Support Specialist will include providing direct support for the iLet Bionic Pancreas system and related components. Initially, the role will support Clinical Study sites participating in a Randomized Control Trial (RCT) in preparation for a commercial product release. After commercial release, this role will work directly with end users of the product to insure their successful transition and experience with the iLet bionic pancreas. The work activities include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide product and technical assistance, solve customer inquiries, troubleshoots hardware and ancillary product issues received through phone, email, and digital channels
• Create comprehensive CRM documentation for each support interaction
• Effectively manage each open inquiry through to successful resolution
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the iLet bionic pancreas system, troubleshooting techniques and resources
• Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures as they apply to RCT and commercial operations
• Interact effectively with internal departments and colleagues to improve customer experience by facilitating issue resolution
• Achieve and or exceed established key performance indicators related to service delivery and customer success
• Demonstrate customer relations skills and maintain positive image during all interactions
• Identify and develop customer facing knowledge content
Related duties will include:
• Contribute to the Customer Care commercial readiness activities
• Develop an understanding of type 1 diabetes treatment and challenges
• Become familiar with the RCT protocol
• Keep up to date with study progress, supply logistics, communication, and issues
• Participate in the after-hours on-call coverage schedule
Required Education and Experiences
• Graduate with a degree from a 4-year college/university
• Prior customer facing role, preferably in a product or technical support organization
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, CRM (Salesforce), Quality Management Systems
Preferred Education and Experiences
• Prior medical device support experience preferred
• Diabetes medical device experience desired
• Must be insanely passionate about serving customers
• Prior experience with Salesforce CRM
• Experience in a multi-channel support organization
• Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and flexibility to handle multiple tasks and the pressure of deadlines
• Additional foreign language skills (e.g. Spanish) would be an advantage
• Training and mentorship with ongoing learning and development courses
• Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
• 401(k) program with employer match
• Generous vacation accrual and paid holiday schedule
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Beta Bionics to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Beta Bionics will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume to HR@betabionics.com.