About Beta Bionics
Beta Bionics, Inc. is a medical technology company working to commercialize the world’s first bionic pancreas called the iLet®. The iLet bionic pancreas is a wearable investigational device designed to autonomously control glucose in people with diabetes or other conditions of glycemic dysregulation.
Fueled by investments from high-profile funds and strategic partners and leveraging technology backed by years of clinical data, we are now entering a tremendously exciting phase in our development as we prepare to begin our large pivotal clinical trial and anticipated commercialization of the iLet bionic pancreas.
Beta Bionics is a public benefit corporation. This means we are a for-profit company with obligations to serve both our public benefit mission and shareholders’ interests. Beta Bionics is also a certified B Corporation; and as such accountable to operate with high standards of transparency, sustainability and accountability to our customers, employees, business partners, society, and the environment.
Successful candidates will be working with highly experienced colleagues, who are amongst the best in their fields and dedicated to bringing to market our truly disruptive technology. We have a mission-driven, passionate and collaborative culture where you will have a high degree of empowerment and opportunity to make a significant impact.
Please contact us if you fit the profile below and if you are interested in joining us on this journey to achieve Beta Bionics’ bold commitment to the millions of people waiting for the iLet bionic pancreas!
The Principal Biostatistician will use their industry knowledge and technical, analytical and research skills to support the analytical needs of the Market Access, and the Marketing team. The candidate will act as an analytical consultant on projects such as reimbursement analysis, payment policy impact analysis, valuation studies and development of internal tools supporting sales and marketing.
Location and Travel
This position is based in US. This position requires travel up to 10% depending upon business needs.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Development of health economic and outcomes evidence to support iLet bionic pancreas launch.
• Designs and implements observational and economic research studies that provide value, perspective and evidence for clinical and/or pre-clinical product portfolio decisions, marketing, regulatory agency submissions and product reimbursement strategies to drive market access
• Compares and evaluates the value of technologies with the clinical, economic, and quality of life outcomes data from clinical trials and/or epidemiology studies, registries, observational studies, modeling, surveys and meta-analysis.
• Design and develop reports and analyze data to measure clinical outcomes, network performance and methodology levers. You will investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and health care costs data
• Ensure relevant data points are integrated into cost-effectiveness models, budget impact models, discrete event simulation models and clinical trials to support future evidence-based economic value messages
• Provide input on evidence gaps and support for planning post-clinical activities, educational activities, health economic and outcomes research activities and /or other support needs to fill gaps
• Develop therapeutic and device operation knowledge and apply this knowledge to evidence needs
• Partner with market access, reimbursement, clinical, marketing and research & technology colleagues on the development and translation of evidence into abstracts, manuscripts and materials for the field sales force need
• Participate in a variety of projects including performing medical cost and outcome analysis for Beta Bionics technologies, performing reimbursement policy research and marketing analysis and providing analytical support for value-based contracting opportunities.
• Support commercial colleagues with ad hoc data mining requests as work load permits
• Manage intake and processing of large datasets with support from IT
• Maintain high standards for data quality, reporting, and timely project execution
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with focus on health economics, public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, health care administration, information technology or related discipline.
· 5+ years of progressive analytical work experience in the healthcare industry in health economics, health policy, epidemiology or health services research
· Skilled at programming in SAS, SQL, Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel including pivot tables,
· Project management experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience with an advanced degree (Master’s or Ph.D.)
• Experience with device-collected or app-collected data
• Experience with economic modeling
• Experience in the analysis, synthesis, and presentation of complex data from multiple sources
• Training and/or experience in outcomes research using real world data assets including electronic health record (EHR) data and administrative claims data
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Cognos or other similar applications preferred
• Good verbal and written communication skills including ability to prepare written procedures and reports.
• Good organizational and planning skills.
• Working knowledge of word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel), and document management (Adobe Acrobat) software.
• Ability to work well under pressure and to meet multiple and occasional competing deadlines while maintaining a cooperative working relationship with other employees and supervisor.
• Good organizational and communication skills, including ability to represent the company to both internal and external audiences.
• Training and mentorship with ongoing learning and development courses
• Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
• 401(k) program with employer match
• Generous vacation accrual and paid holiday schedule
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Beta Bionics to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Beta Bionics will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume to HR@betabionics.com.