What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Medical Card In New York?
You must submit a signed Physician Certification with your NY Department of Health application – and that is where we come in! We will provide the Physician Certification and then you can apply to get your card.
What Are The Qualifying Conditions To Get A Medical Card in New York
A patient is required to have one of the following severe, debilitating or life-threatening medical conditions to qualify for the program:
• PTSD & Terminal Illnesses
• HIV or AIDS
• Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
• Parkinson's disease
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Spinal Cord Injury with Spacticity
• Huntington's Disease
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease
• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
• Chronic Pain
• Any condition for which an opioid could be prescribed
In addition, a qualified patient must have at one of the following complicating conditions:
• Severe or chronic pain
• Cachexia or wasting syndrome
• Severe or persistent muscle spasms
• Severe nausea
•Opioid use disorder
What If I Don't Have a Diagnosis On The List?
Book an appointment with the information you have an let's figure it out together. Many more people qualify than believe they do and with a free initial consultation, there's no risk to you in trying. Simply book an appointment or give us a call.
How Much Does the Process Cost?
1) Physician Appointment Fee – due at the time of the online video chat with the physician.
If you qualify for a medical card we charge $149. If you don't qualify you don't pay anything.
2) New York Department of Health Application Fee – Free.